Do most women rip or get a episiotomy during labor? Im terrified because im so sensitive there even when me and my boyfriend have intercourse.

Dr. Angela Zhang
18 years experience in Family Medicine
Episiotomy: It is common for women to tear perineal tissue during delivery, especially if it is their first child. The degree of tearing varies but rest assured that all physicians are trained to help you deliver with minimal tearing. It is not recommended to perform routine episiotomy during every delivery- it is up to the discretion of your physician. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your ob/gyn.
Answered on Jul 20, 2012
4