every morning i get out of bed and my knees and ankles pop constantly. is that good or bad? should i stop popping them?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bac Nguyen
No pain, no problem: We used to think that popping our knuckles, neck, back etc.. Caused arthritis. However, there is no evidence of causal relationship has been found until this time. It is indeed a habit and once formed, the joints "feel the need to pop" intermittently. As long as it does not cause pain while doing it..Enjoy the popping. If u don't like to hear the pop, don't do it..It will stop with time. Good luck.
Answered on May 7, 2016
3
Dr. Thomas Namey
47 years experience Rheumatology
Mine do too!: I have frequent "popping" in my ankles, but it is benign. I do serious mountain biking, lift weights and never had a problem with ankle pain or arthritis! (minus the several sprains I have \had, albeit unrelated!).
Answered on Nov 26, 2013
1
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen commented
me three...no pain, but I think it is a sign I am getting old :-)
Apr 23, 2012