San Ramon, CA

i had a scab, which is removed now and it shows pink skin do i put neosporin on it or aloe vera cream.. is this a scar? how can i prevent it to scar

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Leave it alone: I don't know how severe or large your skin injury was, or where it is on your body. But your skin was/is trying to heal itself underneath the scab, and you removed it before it could do that completely. All new skin is pink, whether or not it's going to scar. It may continue healing ; resolve. Don't use an antibiotic (including ointment) unless it looks infected (oozing pus, swollen, etc.).