what to do if i have high 'mean platelet volume' and high 'lymphocytes' in complete blood count(cbc) test?

Dr. Axel Martinez-Irizarry
Discuss with PCP: Mean platelet volume (MPV) is a machine-calculated measurement of the average size of platelets found in blood. MPV is higher when there is destruction of platelets. Lymphocytes are usually high on viral infections or some cancers. Discuss with your doctor about it, as lab results by themselves, like this one, don't have a context to determine level of severity associated with them.
Answered on Jun 21, 2014