U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Can you tell me for a full body workout, should i drink gatorade or water?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Audie Rolnick
41 years experience
Depends: you should hydrate with plain water if you are in heat, doing extensive cardio. if you work out for more than 45 minutes you can add electrolyte drink. if you are doing strength training you should also hydrate, but you can add protein powder and/or electrolyte drink

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 46-year-old member asked:

What to do if I do an hour full body workout should what to do if i drink water or gatorade while i work out?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Janiece Stewart
Sports Medicine 21 years experience
Water: Normally any exercise less an hour long water is sufficient. An hour or longer, I would recommend a drink with some electrolytes in it to replace the ones that are lost.
A 44-year-old member asked:

Can you tell me how i could be able to do a full body workout?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 34 years experience
Swim: An easy way to get a 'full body' workout is to begin swimming. Join the Y or a fitness center w/ pool and take a lesson or two and learn to swim properly.Swimming( crawl or 'freestyle') works your arms, legs core muscles and is an excellent aerobic exercise. Best of Luck!

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers18 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.