what to expect for first time being intimate after leep?

How long is the recovery from leep?

Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Three weeks: Actually, recovery is too strong a word. There is no recovery time and one feels ok afterwards, although occasionally there are cramps. But the cervix requires about 3 weeks to re-establish its surface, so vaginal rest is necessary until a final exam shows the superficial healing process to be over.

How soon can I return to normal physical activity after having the leep done?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
After MD checkup: Check with the md before resuming exercise post leep procedure.

Also should I take someone with me to drive me how after a leep?

Dr. Johnnie Ham
LEEP and Driving: Only if a narcotic is used. I will often use a mild tranquilizer, in the family if valium, for the procedure to help a patient be more comfortable. In that case, someone to drive the patient home would be needed.

I was told i need leep treatment, how soon does this need to be done?

Dr. Steven Weissberg
Depends: Depends on what you need it for and the degree of severity of the problem. You can wait a few weeks, but months is no a great idea.

I'm scared about leep procedureadvice?

Knowledge is Power: Educate your self about your condition and your treatment options. Find out the risks involved with having the surgery vice not having the surgery. Write down your questions before you see your physician. Let the medical team know about your concerns.

Last updated Apr 13, 2014