Charleston, SC

once diagnosed w/gestational diabetes at 27 weeks, can you reverse it during pregnancy and reverse how fast the baby is growing to normal rate?

Dr. William Jurewitz
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Diabetes: The diagnosis of gestational diabetes is difficult (even though it should be easy). It is possible, based on a 3 hour glucose test to test positive on monday and, if repeated, test negative on friday. If you consistently run high glucose levels then you need to modify your diet and sometimes be on medication. Diet can often reverse the high sugars but you need to still check glucose levels.