does my baby really need the hepatitis b vaccine, living in a typical suburb in the u.s.?

45 years experience Pediatrics
Lifetime protection: Years ago they targeted risk groups for the vaccine & it made no dent in the hep b in the country.In hawaii where it sometimes passed mom to baby, they started giving it to all babies & started to see a drop at all ages. Use in infants protects them for a lifetime, no mater what type of lifestyle or exposures they have.I have seen a 9mo with hep b chronic hepatitis/failure & it wasn't pretty.
Answered on Oct 2, 2012