Marlborough, MA

My 6 year old has rashes all over his body and he is extremely itchy, he is taking prednisolone prescribed by his doc for2days(notimproved)whattodo?

Hard to say: Such an itchy rash could be from many things but prednisalone should begin the process of calming the process.Injected steroids would do the job quicker, but i rarely do so for simple rashes. I would be concerned that this might be scabies, which is known for such itchiness, but would have to see it to label it. If so, the treatments kill the bugs, but don't stop the itching.

Last updated Apr 18, 2014