San Diego, CA

My bloodwork come back negative for everything. my partner is positive and i wanted to get on truvada (emtricitabine and tenofovir) as a preventative medication.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
PreP: This is a very good and wise decision. But, first, more importantly for your sake and his health's sake, he needs to be on HIV medications that effectively suppress his HIV viral load to undetectable. Once he is undetectable it is very unlikely that he will be contagious. I often recommend this site to find the right doctor for you: http://www.Glma.Org. But, get on prep asap.

Last updated Feb 2, 2015