this pain started when i was sleeping every 5 minutes or so i get a bad pain straight down the middle of my chest and spine.it gets worse when swallowing.it's a tight pain but it "moves" down my body.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Best 2 see a Dr.: Pain with swallowing would suggest something in your esophagus is not right. But about any pain in your chest really should be evaluated by a doctor. Pain in the chest can be from the heart from the lungs from the lining of the lung from the esophagus from the rib cage from the muscles on the chest. You're not going to find the answer here on the internet, you actually need to see a doctor.
Answered on Apr 12, 2014
Dr. Nisheeth Gupta
Specializes in Hematology and Oncology
Gerd: I would suggest a trial of ppi like prilosec. Possible gastroscopy to rule out peptic ulcer esp if u r taking Ibuprofen
Answered on Jun 25, 2014