Canada

would my dr. call me if my blood test was positive for hepatitis? i have a fatty liver. my doctor doesn't want to see me for weeks though. scared.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Local Problem: None of us here would know the norms for your physician. My patients are given their entire results the day after the visit by email. It is very unusual for any physician not to communicate lab and other test results in a timely manner. But this is not for us to solve. This is for you to communicate with your physician about. None of us know the lab results and would never guess.
Dr. Daniel Motola
Gastroenterology 13 years experience
Yes: in general your doctor should be calling you to discuss all your test results, regardless of positive or negative. Some doctors that are busy will just not call if tests are negative. But that's not an excuse as how does the patient know his tests were reviewed. You have a right to see all your test results and have them fully explained.

Last updated Sep 27, 2016