U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 62-year-old female asked:

I had cancer & had breast reduction during procedure. there is collegian build up under breast. what is the best way to get rid of collegian?

1 doctor answer9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 35 years experience
Scar Tissue is...: ...An inevitable and expected outcome after every operation. Your oncoplastic procedure likely "rearranged" the breast tissue, creating scarring in the area of the lumpectomy and below the areola, along the "inverted t". If you had radiation therapy, this will increase the scarring further. Best bet: ask your surgeon--depending on the timing, breast massage may help.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 22, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.