St. Louis, MO

how safe is a cardiac ablation? will it help to cure atrial fibrillation? if it does, will i have to continue taking medication

Dr. Jay Dinerman
Cardiac Electrophysiology 34 years experience
Usually safe: Although many serious complications can occur during an ablation, when performed by a skilled physician with plenty if experience in a good hospital it is usually very safe. When successful an ablation may allow a patient to come off medications prescribed for the arrhythmia which was ablated. Atrial fibrillation is an arrhythmia which can be cured with ablation.