what can i do to increase my child's intelligence?

Dr. Howard Gollup
Read, read, read!: It's controversial whether "intelligence" can be improved, but you can help your child by reading, reading and reading to him/her! provide an environment rich in words and conversation; allow him/her to show their creativity in thought and action. Help find interests and help nurture those. Keep tv watching and video games to a minimum.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Intelligence is, like athletic ability, a native inborn trait. Enhancement of the ability to utilize that effectively is another matter. There are highly intelligent people who are very low achievers and vice verse. Agree with Dr. Gollup that stimulation will allow the person to utilize their intelligence more effectively.
Apr 19, 2012
Dr. Kathryn Akin
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 37 years experience
Potential for intelligence is set at birth. However we know that language skills correlate well with intelligence...so; as Dr. Gollop indicating reading to your child is the one best thing you can do to promote the achievement of potential intelligence. I also recommend having conversations with your pre-verbal child. They talk to you in sentence-like jargoning and even though you do not understand what they are saying, answer back to pro mote conversational skills.
Aug 19, 2013
Dr. Aaron Ament
Dr. Aaron Ament commented
AVOID SPORTS WITH A LIKLIHOOD OF CONCUSSION AND BRAIN DAMAGE.
Nov 4, 2013