Australia

I was originally diagnosed with a fibroadenoma, now my annual scan shows it is a hypoechoic irregular heterogeneous lesion, getting biopsy is it cancer?

Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 47 years experience
Get the Biopsy!: The nodule is demonstrating suspicious findings which warrant the biopsy. Biopsy results will answer the question. No way to be sure until then. Most results turn out benign but whatever the result it is best to diagnose tumors as early as possible for the best prognosis. Good luck.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
NO ,: But wan to make sure is not a cancer need biopsy if you do not want it removed ( surgery ) , fibroadenoma of breast is a benign tumor , common at your age , and rarely transforms to malignancy , don't worry

Last updated May 14, 2020