pain on the left side of my jaw. my orthodontist diagnosed me with tmd, ( more severe tmj?) but i also had my wisdom teeth removed 3 months ago.

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Many possibilities: Tmj is an anatomical structure temporo-mandibular joint. Tmd is temporo-mandibular disorder that may include joint, muscles, nerves and ligaments or any combination. Without the diagnosis is a guessing game. Rec.: see orofacial pain specialist near your address. Here is the link: http://www.Aaop.Org/content.Aspx?Page_id=2720;club_id=508439.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017