Marietta, GA

I have this wierd taste coming from my bottle left area where i got my wisdom tooth out. is this normal? my other three wisdom teeth spots aren't.

Dr. Keshab Paudel
It depends: Usually wisdom teeth should not give any alteration in taste. Are you taking any medications? Some medications have side effects which give bad taste. You don't need to worry about other wisdom teeth, they might erupt up to age 25.
Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry 39 years experience
Infection: This could be an infection or you may have food trapped in the socket please see your surgeon for evaluation.
Dr. Sam Markzar
Periodontics 27 years experience
Not common...: Depending on how long has passed since you have taken your wisdom tooth out, your soft tissue (gums) edges may not have closed over completely. The other possibility is oozing some blood due to localized inflammation on your gums. Have it checked by your dentist, or the oral surgeon who took the tooth out for you. Good luck.
Dr. Dave Burns
Call surgeon: Get back in to see if you have a concern or it is part of the healing process.
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dentistry 9 years experience
Depends: You did not mention how long ago the tooth was removed and the severity of the procedure. If it was recently, you may have a healing issue that requires yiu to flush the area until healing occurs. If longer revisit the dentist who removed the tooth for an evaluation.

Last updated Apr 12, 2020