for what reason do i see a black spot in my left eye?

Assessment.: Recommend Ophthalmology evaluation to determine diagnosis and to formulate treatment plan.
Dr. David Chandler
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
Could be a floater: If you visualize a spot moving around in the vision, it may be a "floater", which is a particle in the vitreous, or jelly-like material that fills most of the eye. The question is where the floater came from. It is important to get an eye exam promptly with a new onset of floaters, as it could be from a retinal tear, detachment, hemorrhage, etc. It could also be affecting the retina directly.