Yemen

My hair suddenly changed to coarse hair. i treat it chemically and dye it once a year. my hair has a lot of white dots, and split till middle. help me

Dr. Jennifer Glassman
Change in Hair: One's overall health can be reflected in the hair quality. Systemic conditions like thyroid disease, anemia or nutritional deficiencies can cause change in the texture and amount of one's hair. Of course, chemicals can also affect the health of the hair, but it's safest to rule out medical causes by seeing your family physician.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Thyroid check: One of the causes of change in hair texture is a thyroid disorder. Have a good beautician at a hair salon check your hair and advise you about its condition and care.

Last updated May 6, 2014