How can I battle depression even though i'm on Lexapro and Abilify (aripiprazole) for my anxiety?

Dr. Jane Steiner
42 years experience in Psychiatry
You are...: ...Already taking medication that should be treating depression-- Lexapro is an antidepressant that helps both anxiety and depression and Abilify (aripiprazole) helps with the treatment of depression when added to an antidepressant. Important is what are your dosages and how long you've been on these meds-- i hope you are seeing a psychiatrist, someone expert at using these meds--let dr know if they don't help!
Answered on Jun 27, 2014

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.