My doctor gave me zoloft 50mg risperdal 0.25mg trazadon 50mg buspar (buspirone) 10mg twice a day ativan 1mg twice isn't 2 match don't make interaction?

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Review this: Speak with your doctor about polypharmacy and see if you can get a referral to a psychiatrist to get you on the least amount of medications that will work for you. You may need to be on stronger dosages of less medication. You also may need regression therapy to help with the anxiety. Consider reading some of the books written by brian weiss md a psychiatrist that treats a lot of anxiety.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
All of those meds: Are used together in many people, although starting them all at once is not common, in my experience. Not knowing what kind of symptoms you were having, what your previous medical history and kinds of treatment, i cannot say whether it's too much or not. You should not drive or operate dangerous machinery until you know how these medications effect you. There are no specific interactions.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Yes too much meds: Yes you are right it is too many drugs and there can be problems like takin trazadone with xanax can cause central nervous system depression, that can decrease the heartrate and breathing and can lead to loss of consciousness and buspar, (buspirone) trazadone and zoloft can increase the risk of serotonon syndrome can cause confusion, hallucinations, extreme change in bp, seizures, excessive sweating, blurred vision.

Last updated Mar 27, 2014