MD

i have cold/flu and every time i get sick i get depressed and my anxiety acts up and i just feel lost and confused and worried. is this normal ?

If you have: Pre-existing depression and anxiety - it is not so uncommon to be more symptomatic if you are physically ill. Likely your reserves are down and you just are coping as well. Take care.
Dr. Meredith Moroff
Yes!: Yes! don't feel bad this is not at all uncommon. Make sure your primary care doc knows if you are on any psych medications, as they can sometimes interact with antibiotics (and be less effective). But mostly what happens is, your body feels yucky, so your brain feels yucky, too! drink lots of water, try to sit near a window and get some sunshine if not real fresh air. Call a friend, get a hug!