United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I think my daughter has depression, she is always sad, no interest in things, suicidal thoughts. she is 14. what shall i do? how do i help her?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Pediatrics visit: It is very important that she speak to your pediatrician about these symptoms. Your doctor will help determine if there is a medical reason for the symptoms and whether she is at risk. Ensure that there is no bullying at school or home and that she eats well and sleeps well. I hope that this helps.
Dr. Holly Maes
Get her evaluated: The first thing is for all involved to realize this is a treatable medical condition. If she broke her arm, you wouldn't hesitate to get treatment. She has a condition that is potentially fatal if left untreated. Take the bull by the horns - call her doctor TODAY and get her an appointment to be screened and to make sure nothing medically going on. Then they can refer to the appropriate resources!

Last updated Aug 18, 2014