New Zeland

I had swelling in my calf, stabbing pain in my armpit and breast. a dimer reading of 2236 but ultra sound on leg was clear. what next?

Dr. Edward Sierra
Emergency Medicine 36 years experience
D dimer not specific: The d dimer test is not specific meaning that various conditions other than a clot can make it high. A persons age, recent trauma or current meds can affect the level. I would consider the possibility of a pulmonary embolism if you told me you were short of breath along with chest pain. You did mention pain in your arm pit and breast. See a doctor if this is a concern.

Last updated Apr 8, 2014