U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

what is the best way to relieve a stress headache?

5 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Relieve the stress: To alleviate pain you could take any of several otc meds including aspirin, tylenol, (acetaminophen) ibuprofen, etc. Valium is an effective muscle relaxant which will also diminish anxiety which stress produces. Massage may also be helpful.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Agree with Dr. Raff: Additionally - address stress in your life. To address stress: Talk about feelings & address problems. Don't avoid them. Aim for 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep/ night. Daily physical activity is optimal in a green space. Eat healthfully. Cut out junk carbs, caffeine & alcohol (or moderate). Try Qi Gong, Tai Chi, acupuncture, acupressure, homeopathy, meditation, Yoga, exercise program, deep breathing >
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Provided original answer
exercises.
Aug 6, 2014
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Psychiatry 55 years experience
Stress Headache: Take 10Deep Breaths. Feel Blessings of Breath of Life! Believe thatBreath Is Life! Soft Instrumental Music. Visual Imagery of a Peaseful Experience in Nature!
Dr. Latisha Smith
Wound care 38 years experience
Analgesics & quiet: Stress headaches happen because of a high degree of sensory input couple with emotional responses. To alleviate symptoms it is important to relax and decrease all the sensory stimulation - cell phones, ipods, television and general noise. Take some tylenol, (acetaminophen) turn off electronics, find a quiet place to close your eyes and block out the the world for 20-30 minutes. Ice pack to head may be helpful.
Dr. Brijesh Chandwani
Pain Management 11 years experience
Home remedies: You can try a few home remedies starting with ice application over back of neck and temples. Other things you could try are warm compresses, massaging your temples, meditation and green tea. Advil or Aleve or tylenol (acetaminophen) might also provide you some relief.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 33-year-old female asked:

What is the best exercise to reduce tummy fat?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 39 years experience
Lose wt, aerobics: Probably the best way to lose tummy fat would be to lose weight using aerobic exercise such as walking or cycling. Also you can work on strengthening your abdominal muscles. If you don't lose weight you probably not have the washboard abs one strives for.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 44-year-old member asked:

What are the best over-the-counter fertility drugs for females?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine 49 years experience
OTC fertility drugs: The only otc fertility enhancer is dhea which is non-prescription. All other drugs are not otc.
A 30-year-old member asked:

How can I best prepare for pregnancy as a single woman?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bruce Young
Obstetrics and Gynecology 58 years experience
Same as married: Proper diet, prenatal vitamins, normal exercise, & preconception visit with an OB doctor to assess any increased risks.
A 21-year-old female asked:

I've been trying to get pregnant for a while so what's the best way to get pregnant with an irregular period?

4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Frank Trogolo
Obstetrics and Gynecology 21 years experience
Pregnancy: I you have an irregular period it means you ovulate irregularly. You should keep a menstrual calendar writing when you start period and when you have sex. You can also buy an ovulation kit at the pharmacy, this will let you know when you ovulate so you can plan to have sex at that time. If you still can't get pregnant you should see a doctor and bring your menstrual calendar with you.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 21-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Jun 18, 2017

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.