Porter Ranch, CA

hello, after i masturbated today, i saw to red spots on the head of my penis. what is this? how to fix it?

Dr. Lane Childs
Urology 34 years experience
Trauma: Stop and allow it to heal.

What causes red spots on the head of the penis?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Benign papules : Pearly penile papules are like a minature "string of pearls" around head of penis. More common or prominent in uncircumcised men. They are perfectly normal. Sometimes called "tyson's" glands, but aren't glands. May contribute to smegma formation. Have it seen by a dr. If not as described above or if there is any concern.

Wondering about red spots on head of penis?

Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Probably normal: "pearly penile papules" are are like a "mini string of pearls around head of penis. Normal finding especially in uncircumcised men. Sometimes called "tyson's glands", although they aren't glands. They are perfectly benign and of no concern. However, should be checked by a dr. If spots are not as described.
GB

I have redness and small red spots on the head of my penis. What are they?

Dr. Shari Schabowski
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Possibilities: There is a possibility that it can be a sexualy transmitted disease but another possibility is pearly papules (photos can be seen using search engine - i.e. google images). These are benign not contagious and common so possibly nothing to worry about. If there is any question as to the cause see your MD.
ZA

Hi- i have discovered small red spots on the head of my penis. What could it be. I've not been sexually active recently?

Dr. Daniela Torres
Specializes in Medicina General
See below : Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that you are worried, however you should go get checked out by your doctor as soon as posible

Last updated Feb 11, 2016