Forest, MS

got test to see if my gallbladder is workin its workin at 29% what is next want talk to dr til later in the week?is surgery or what else an option?

Dr. Jeff Durgin
General Surgery 20 years experience
Biliary dyskinesia : The medical term for the gallbladder not functioning right is biliary dyskenesia. Instead of squeezing out bile to help digest food, the gallbladder spasms. The test is called a hida scan and if you gallbladder ef is less than 35% them most surgeons would recommend to have your gallbladder removed. In most cases your symptoms will improve or resolve. Some people try dietary modification as an option but in my practice i find this rarely solves the problem please speak to your doctor about your situation.