My 10 month son has been getting staph infections on the diaper/groin area since birth. any way to irradiate it?

Dr. Diane Minich
Do not use: Radiation on infections, or do you mean eradicate (get rid of it. I would see an infectious disease specialist for an opinion.
Dr. Karen Kennicott
Keep hands clean: Repeated superficial staph infections in the diaper area that clear up and recur, may be due to a family member who is a carrier for staph, reinfecting the site. Most of us think about washing our hands after changing a diaper, but this area has delicate skin, and bacteria from an adult's nose or dirty hands may cause an infection. Think to wash your hands before a diaper.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Immune workup: Repeated staph infections may be due to an immune deficiency. Some of the cells involved in fighting infection may carry a defect that makes him more prone to staph. I would suggest speaking with you pediatrician about this possibility. Some of the conditions include cgd. Prmg pediatric resp fax 858 259 9689 for review of records and ?S i hope that this helps.

Last updated Mar 13, 2020