Braintree, MA

for years, sometimes after i sleep i have very small amount of mucus in lungs/throat. not short of breath lying down or otherwise. normal? allergy?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Hard to know: Mucous can accumulate in your upper airways due to post-nasal or sinus discharge dripping down, you may have irritation from acid reflux, allergic reactions, etc. Doubt that this is particularly serious absent other symptoms, but if it disturbs you see a doctor and get evaluated. Good luck.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Reflux?: Check for reflux disease causing irritation of the throat after lying down.