Today I will do 1shoot decapeptyl for ivf.I need 2know for what it is used&in case a mircle happened &got pregnant naturaly can this shoot affect preg?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
25 years experience in Fertility Medicine
Not used in USA: Decapeptyl is a gnrh agonist which is used in ivf, in europe / other countries. It can be a monthly depot injection, or daily subcutaneous injections. The daily version can be used to prevent you from ovulating before an egg retrieval, or in a microdose flare protocol for 'poor responders'. The depot version can be used before frozen embryo or donor egg cycles. Hard to get pregnant after this med.
Answered on Jun 5, 2019
2
2 comments
Dr. Michael Opsahl
42 years experience in Fertility Medicine
Good answer and information
Apr 16, 2012
Dr. Robert Lutz
Dr. Robert Lutz commented
38 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
appreciate the information but to her question if she did take a GnRH agonist and then got pregnant later naturally I do not believe there would be any affect to the pregancy
Apr 16, 2012