my 12 weeks old daughter has yellowish and sticky discharge from both eyes. my gp said she has blocked tear ducts. what's the remedy for this problem?

Dr. Kermit Brunelle
33 years experience Pediatrics
Patience and massage: Most "plugged" tear ducts will spontaneously resolve over the first 9 months. You can help with gentle massage by taking your clean finger and rolling your finger from her nasal bridge to the part of her eye nearest her nose. You will occasionally express "sticky yellow goo". A very small number of babies have the absence of nasolacrimal channel, and may require stent placement- but that is rare.
Answered on Mar 22, 2020
2