Jersey City, NJ

I took megace (megestrol) es for about 3 months. people tell me that i look darker, as if i have a tan. is this a side effect? will i continue to get darker?

Dr. David Lemme
Adrenal suppression: One of the possible side effects from Megace (megestrol) is adrenal suppression, which can result in darker pigmentation of the skin. You should contact your physician immediately to notify him/her of this symptom. Depending on why you are taking it and the severity of your other problems, you need to discuss discontinuation of the medication.

Last updated Jun 28, 2014