my child is gaining too much weight. how do i help her without causing self-esteem problems?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology 45 years experience
Self Esteem: Try to exercise and eat healthy yourself, when we model health we are far more effective than lecturing our children. Go for walks together, and depending on her age engage in age appropriate physical activities and make sure you maintain a healthy life style as she is likely to follow your lead. Best.
Dr. Bharathi Vayuvegula
Stay away from fast foods and pastries and sodas
Sep 18, 2013
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
You control the food in the house. Make good choices when you shop. Plan your meals, and if she's old enough, include your daughter in meal planning.
Sep 18, 2013