Fort Worth, TX

I have a awful pain in my bottom teeth. i had braces a long time ago& wonder if it pain because of shifting. what would a dentist do to help me?

Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry 24 years experience
Rule out the obvious: Rule out the obvious by examining for decayed teeth, gum infection. At 19, you may be having a wisdom tooth erupt. The history of braces should have little to do with this.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Tooth pain: Shifting of teeth would not cause pain but teeth may shift due to periodontal disease that in the latter stages can cause tooth pain. Don't guess as to the cause of your pain, nor rely on internet searches or websites. Instead, see a local dentist to know for sure the cause of your problems and how best to treat and resolve it.
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry 41 years experience
See a dentist: It could be many things from wisdom teeth issues to gum disease and a nerve dying in a teooh to TMJ dysfunction. Best answer is to see a dental professional to evaluate the situation. While many questions can be answered over the internet yours is one that requires an in-person evaluation
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Evaluation: Your dentist will evaluate all of your teeth to determine the contributing factors that may be causing your pain. Lack of space, bruxism, premature contacts, non-vital teeth, and cavities are some of the things that may be the cause of your pain. Feel better soon.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Lots of reasons: In addition to those outlined in dr davantzis fine answer consider that if retainers adde not worn as directed, and teeth shift, teeth in improper positions may be under untoward stress and therefore hurt. Your dentist may want you to see an orthodontic specialist for an evaluation.

Last updated Apr 1, 2016