I'm scared my friend might be developing an eating disorder. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience in Psychiatry
You can't: Unfortunately, one person cannot prevent an eating disorder in another. You can share your observations with her, including why you think her eating behavior is not normal, or her perception of her size and weight are not normal, etc. You can encourage her to seek help for these things. She's lucky to have a good friend like you -- but she may or may not follow through with seeking help yet.
Answered on Apr 16, 2016
1