Jersey City, NJ

My doctor recommended i use a c-pap machine for sleep apnea. this after a sleep study test. what are the advantage of this machine. it going to help?

Dr. Brian Nguyen
OSA: If a doctor says you need cpap, you need cpap. I cannot emphasize this enough. CPAP keeps you breathing at night and subtle episodes of hypoxia (lack of breathing and oxygen) overnight can profoundly affect your lung, vascular, and even brain health.
Dr. Mitchell Shapiro
Dentistry 40 years experience
Sleep apnea : You shouldn't ignore your sleep apnea. It has been linked to many diseases and people have even died from it. The c-pap is the go to device for sleep physicians to treat sleep apnea. It is effective but long term compliance is an issue. Oral appliances made by specially trained dentists are another option which is recommended for mild to moderate sleep apnea. Educate yourself about your options.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014