Bangladesh

my babies age 5 months 10 days.now i want to give her extra foods like as rice, fruits, fish, meat etc.but she've hb e/beta thal. so i need diet chart.

Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatric Cardiology 38 years experience
Normal diet: You should not have special concerns about your baby's diet related to her hemoglobinopathy. You should be able to feed her normally. I recommending starting with rice first, then move on to fruits and vegetables, then proteins.
Dr. Shalini Sethi
Weaning: You may wean the baby normally. Start with rice cereal as a breakfast. Before you add anything new, wait 3 days to see for any food borne allergies. Fruits like Apple can be added. Fish and meat can be started at 9 months.