FL

I was reading something about colon cancer and colonrectal. what are the two different from one another and should ur diet be more fibor?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 24 years experience
Colon cancer: Colorectal cancer is a general term used for cancer in the large bowel- that include colon cancer and rectal cancer. Colon cancer is a cancer in the colon. I suggest you to have a well balanced diet, increase fibers intake, more vegetable and fruits, decreased processed red meat , quit smoking if you do. Keep active and regular exercise.
Dr. Martin Morell
Rheumatology 30 years experience
Fiber: Will help in general to lower risk, but genetics play a significant role. Rectal cancer occurs of course lower in the colon.

Last updated Mar 13, 2017