India

i have granular pharyngitis and it comes back after completion of my medication. plz advice?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Granular pharyngitis: This is one form of chronic pharyngitis and is created by the repetitive inflammatory episodes, usually caused by viral infections, but can also be allergic and bacterial. The best way to deal with this is to see an ENT doctor who may be able to establish a cause and prevent its recurrence. Best wishes.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Provided original answer
If bacterial, it is possible that you have an organism resident in your pharynx that while not producing infection, is manufacturing agents which prevent the antibiotics from killing off Strep pyogenes and when you stop antibiotics it comes back.
Jan 13, 2015