for my overbite to be corrected, would i have to get braces or just wear a retainer, what to do?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Braces: Retainers retain, they hold things where they are. To move teeth you need orthodontic treatment, and braces are far and away the best treatment appliances. Braces now, retainers after braces come off. See a qualified orthodontic specialist.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See an Orthodontist: Many orthodontists offer an initial consultation for free. A free consultation allows you to find out what type of treatment is recommended and if you are a good candidate for braces or retainer.