I walk 2-4 miles a day. im 27 yrs old 6ft3 & 390lbs. any pt trainers out there, is this healthy?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Good job: It sounds like you are trying your best to live a healthy life. Good for you. Your BMI is around 48.7. You need to visit a physician to make sure physical exertion is safe for you. If you are making it 2-4 miles a day walking that is excellent but you may need to consider low impact options until you can lose some weight to avoid joint problems. I highly recommend considering weight loss surgery.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Healthy overall.: Your weight is not healthy, but your effort to reduce it is. Walking is excellent exercise - easy on the joints, good for calorie-burning, and great for the cardiovascular system. Along with a portion-controlled, healthy meal plan, this should help you lose weight and condition your body aerobically.

Last updated Apr 6, 2016