what to do if i always crave junk food but lately i have eaten way too much and put on weight is this normall?

Dr. Chuck Shaffer
Bariatrics 33 years experience
See below: Taubes, who just released Why We Get Fat, a layman's version of his influential scientific tome. In the absence of carbs, your body will burn fatty acids for energy. It's how you sleep through the night without eating for eight hours. "The brain does indeed need carbohydrates for fuel," Taubes says, "but the body is perfectly happy to make those out of protein, leafy green vegetables