Nebo, NC

I'm 35w pregnant and my 21m old fell on what i think is my babies head. could he harm her in there and cause any brain damage to her?

Dr. James Andrea
Dentistry 34 years experience
Not likely : There is plenty of cushioning around the baby. Use it as an opportunity to discuss how we should be gentle around people but I am sure it was an accident and don't worry about it.
Unlikely: Think of a watermelon in a pool. It bounces around in the water & any direct hit would push it out of the way. Same thing happens in your womb. Babies head is surrounded by water & flexible tissues. Car crash=bad injury but kid bumping yo=not so much.

Last updated Apr 17, 2020