i had pudendal nerve release surgery december 2012, followed by keloid scarring and now pelvic instability. would pregnancy still be recommended?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeff Livingston
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Very individualized: The procedures you mentioned are very rare and pelvic instability is highly variable presentation. The best thing to do is to schedule a visit with an obgyn who can talk to your surgeon and perhaps and orthopedic surgeon to coordinate a plan for you and assess your risk, .
Answered on Feb 24, 2015
1
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
22 years experience Gynecology
Depends: What approach release did you have? Pregnancy can possibly increase pressure on the nerve near the end. Vaginal delivery can possibly cause nerve injury. Both of these are possibilities but not definites. I would recommend consideration of C-section with delivery.
Answered on Mar 1, 2016
2