Afghanistan

i had blood in my stool after drinking 4 beers last night. should i wait to monitor if it continues or should i go to the doctor right away?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
See your doctor: Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) can turn stools a very dark green that sometimes looks like black stools (which can indicate digested blood from higher up - the stomach or duodenum). However, if there was frank blood in your stool, this requires immediate attention. While it is likely to be hemorrhoids, a fissure or something easy to treat, it can be a polyp or something more serious. Consider reducing alcohol.