France

what dietary modification should be done to decrease levels of proteinurea in a hypertensive patient taking arb and calcium channel blocker, help plz?

Dr. James Cain
Nephrology and Dialysis 36 years experience
Possibly low protein: You are on appropriate therapy. The aim should be to use the arb (or acei) with other drugs in an effort to reduce proteinuria while controlling hypertension and preserving renal function. How severe is the proteinuria? Is the BP controlled? Do we need to consider therapy directed at a glomerular disease? Is there a correctable cause of the proteinuria? Your physician should be able help answer.