had chemo & debulk surgery for 4th stage ovarian cancer had 2 surgery for bowel obstruct now have hernia & bowel obstruction what's my life expectancy?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Yash Khanna
We can not answer: I am really sorry but we can not answer your question as to your life expectancy on this site.You have to ask this question to your oncologist who have more information about your condition and response or lack of response to the treatment you may be receiving.
Answered on Feb 24, 2014
Dr. David Earle
30 years experience General Surgery
Variable: While the percentage of patients alive at five years from many stage 4 cancers is low, it is not zero, and you never know which group you are in as an individual. That doesn't mean to ignore the stats, but in the end, you are not a statistic, but an individual. It should be mostly about quality of life rather than quantity for most folks, so don't give up hope, and have an active say in your care.
Answered on Sep 19, 2018