i have a keloid in my ears due to piercing to wear ear ring.. it is there in my ear fo1 year.. wht is remedy for this?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Avner Aliphas
14 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Keloid: Dear meerkat88720, keloids are removed surgically. Often treated with steroid injections before and after removal to try and prevent them from returning. I would recommend avoiding any other piercing as this could happen again.
Answered on Apr 17, 2016
1
Dr. Bernstein Joel
59 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Surgery: A keloid is the exaggerated growth of skin due to trauma. It is unlikely that it will resolve by itself. I would advise seeking a plastic surgeon for its removal.
Answered on Feb 22, 2014
Dr. Leonard Grossman
35 years experience Plastic Surgery
See below: There are many options for treating a keloid. The treatment approach depends on the location and size of the lesion. Kenalog (triamcinolone) injections and freezing the keloid are the most common treatments. Excising the keliod and radiating the surgery site is the last option. Speak to a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon first.
Answered on Aug 31, 2017