help please? what is the bone you can palpate as the point of the elbow?

Dr. Philip Miller
Olecracranon: The bone is called the olecranon process of the elbow.

I hit my elbow hard a few yrs ago and have a hard bump on it now that feels like bone, what could it be?

Dr. Jack Choueka
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Scar tissue: Probably developed some scar tissue. Should get an xray to make sure.

Why does the inner elbow bone stick out?

Dr. Aruna Seneviratne
Sports Medicine 26 years experience
Normal: Its normal for the inner elbow to stick out. In most people its not that noticeable. In some its increased and may be due to old trauma and resulting deformity. If there is a side to side difference, its best to have it x-rayd by your orthopedist.
ME

Why does it feel like I have a air bubble in between my elbow bone?

Dr. Shahruq Sarela
Bone aches : What you're experiencing is actually not bubbles or air pockets it's essentially the synovial fluid or bursa sacs which act as a lubricants to allow your joints to move freely. If the bursae is inflamed it will retain fluid and thus make your joint feel like it's has pressure or air in it. Hope this helps to clarify things!

Last updated Mar 21, 2014